Saturday 2 August 2008

Day 27 - Keychain

Hey guys. Today we bopped down to London Hunk's place to hear a finance talk from Blower (which was mainly focused on how people are thinking about investing in the property market in the current economic climate). Then London Hunk chipped in some thoughts about business, and then went on to discuss some inner game issues.

Blower's advice was really interesting. Property investing is totally outside my RAS but it was interesting to hear a very successful guy talking about his thoughts and attitudes towards money. I'm sure some of the other guys will cover the theory way better than me, they're way more switched on to this stuff and all the technical terms.

Mr.M asked Blower to describe some of the shared traits and characteristics of the highly financially successful people that Blower has met. To be honest, the list was pretty repulsive...to my ears, it sounded very selfish and unfulfilling. I don't mean to judge, of course, but the discussion really didn't resonate with me at all.

As a freelancer, I have thought a lot about finance and money and I have very specific goals in this area. They range from the basic/immediate (covering rent, affording good food, saving a good amount etc...and generally living my ideal lifestyle) to the more long term (one of my main long term goals is to have enough money to take care of my parents in their retirement and give them a comfortable life with travel opportunities). These things motivate me. I am a simple man financially, I don't crave gadgets and DVD's and expensive clothes. I like to live simply and healthily.

I was struck by how different some peoples' goals are. Some people live for the thrill and challenge of investing in property, risking money and winning big. To me, this sounds like hell. Lol, it's so funny how different we all are. Anyway, as I say, I am not judging...I just want different things. In five years, I'll probably be reading this and laughing, because my RAS may well have shifted more towards these things.

I was interested in what reasons these financial heavyweights give for their pursuit of money - I was interested in what their thoughts are on why they do what they do. I was hoping that by understanding their motivations, I'd be able to relate better...but things got a bit defensive so I shut up! Lol, I must have come across a little (unintentionally) judgemental.

London_Hunk's talk was great as always. I've said it lots before, but I really dig his energy and passion. He talked about 'unspoken rules' and basic mindsets of business (ie, do your market research VERY thoroughly or you'll DIE!!!...even if your business is successful by chance, London_Hunk will still come round and make you do 20 SQUAT-THRUSTS!!!). He then went on to reinforce his previous thoughts about the mindset of a natural - as always, this was really insightful and interesting. His sheer passion and congruence are really great to be around.

Anyway, after all that business we went out with Dr.Yen, Mr.M, Prizefighter and Optimistic. Good times were had by all. I was there for just under an hour, but opened a couple of sets (they last way longer nowadays, gone are the days of getting blown out of every set in under two minutes), number closed (thanks to some REALLY amazing jump-on-the-grenade style winging from Optimistic! Lol, after we came out of the set, he was white as a sheet and just said 'She was... a... REALLY horribly person!' hahaha, she was truly an awful human being! Lol, but he winged like a motherfucker and gave me the chance to isolate my girl and number close etc...Such a tough set at the beginning but I ploughed through and, with Optimistic's help, they cracked open beautifully. Seriously props to such excellent winging, legend!).

Photobucket

Chatted to a nice girl on the train home, very interesting character. She was a lot older than me though, and not really my type so didn't ask for the number. My number closing on trains is very consistent, so I didn't feel the need to get it just for the practice. Fun converstation though, which is always worth having and something I'm always up for practicing.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave it at that guys. I hope you've got lots and lots of sarging and day2's planned this weekend :) Have fun!!! Once again...any feedback is greatly appreciated. I want to make this helpful and interesting for you, so please do let me know if there's something you'd rather I focused more/less on. Wicked!

All the best,

Keys

0 comments: