Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 46 - Keychain

Hey guys, hope you're all well :) Here's another Rockstar update from yours truly...

On Tuesday we had our weekly session with 5.0. As usual, it was a good time with lots to learn (always so much more to learn!).

5.0 had us watch as Optimistic and Blackswan ran a two-set in a pub. We analysed body language, energy levels and the general interaction from a distance. 5.0 gave some great advice about how to give good feedback/debriefs (something he learned from Sheriff).

Basically:

Ask them how it went? What worked, what didn't? (quite often they will answer their own sticking points!)
Stay positive. Give a positive sandwhich: good stuff, correction, good stuff.
Then send them back into set with something clear and specific to work on.

5.0 asked me to debrief Optimistic. I just asked him how he thought the set went and he laid it all out perfectly - lol, he's been in the same classroom as me for 8 weeks so there's very little I could say that he wouldn't already by aware of! Optimistic knew exactly what to improve etc...in his own (already great) game. Self-diagnosis.

We chatted further and 5.0 talked about his ideas on giving value as part of game. The idea is to give value to everyone you meet - girls and guys. Make everyone you meet feel great about themselves. Rather than running sets for 'practice', actually give value to them - aim so that if they saw you again, they'd run up, say hi and want to introduce their friends. It's not just fuck or walk, it's giving value.

It was inspiring stuff, especially given the timeliness of his words. 5.0 spoke of how AFCAdam had profoundly influenced him in the Entourage days. He threw around a couple of magic tricks as well, the sneaky fella ;)

Anyway, the last couple of days have seen me snowed under with work. The Rockstar crew are planning a bit of a weekend away to celebrate the end of the programme. I'm trying to get the cash together as it not only costs to go away, but I also have to reschedule some work (those of you who know what I do will know that I'm usually hired for quite short amounts of time at a very high cost. So to miss one 'job' is to lose a significant amount! Cashflow issues, lol!).

It's all good though :)

I must admit, this week has been quite tough-going. I've still been hitting the gym, eating and sleeping (my sleeping pattern has totally sorted itself out now thanks to London_Hunk's 'sort your life out' programme!). But I've been feeling tired, a little dazed and a bit numb to sarging. Sure, I've been approaching lots - it's habit now - but there's a weird numb state I feel I'm in.

Feels weird. I think Blackswan went through something similar a few weeks ago - mate, let's have a phonecall!

Photobucket

Despite that, still loving life, game and Rockstar - ace times!

Laters,

Keys
x

0 comments: