Friday 18 July 2008

Day 12 - Keychain

Hey guys, today was an interesting day. Day3'd near my place and full closed, really nice time...we lost track of time and I ended up being a bit late for Vercetti's session (sorry!). Still, all was good as I arrived in time to join the beginners' Salsa class. Awesome fun! Lol, Paladin and Blackswan make good dance partners (more guys than girls so we had a bit of rockstar-on-rockstar action). The (highly amusing) instructor was all for circulating partners though, so we danced with girls too.

Post class the place turned into a free-for-all salsa session - I danced a bit and then went to the bar with the guys. I was super exhausted (about three hours sleep last night and an afternoon of rather rigorous activity!) but I was having fun and smiling with the guys. We did some sets, danced with some pretty girls and had a good time.

Vercetti shared some of his great insights into having a powerful social presence in a club and discussed the importance of dance as a metaphor for courtship. He always has time to pull aside each of the Rockstars to teach or critique

Left with Starlight, we did a few street sets, philosophised about life and love and then went home. I have a rule now that I will approach at least one set each train or tube journey I make - I just confirmed a day2 for next week with the girl I approached on the train the other night. It's great because on the way in, I can use the train for warm-up sets, and on the way out, I can take advantage of being in a talkative state and squeeze in a bit more practice. Would never have thought to do this before. Props to daygame-deity Sasha for exploding my reality on this one. Amen.

I think that's everything...life is so busy at the moment with essays, Rockstar and work. In two weeks it'll just be Rockstar and work, much easier!

Anyhowder, that's all for now folks. Cya next time.

Keychain


NB: Enjoying London Hunk's diet plan - I'm eating way more now and am generally feeling good. Still trying to get a gym induction slot. I had hoped to get one by the end of the week but it looks like it'll be more likely to be over the weekend. In the meantime I'm doing lots of isometrics...really want to get cracking on the weights asap!

0 comments: