Tuesday 8 July 2008

Day 3 - Keychain

Day 3 - Keychain

It's day 3, and I'm writing this the morning before our first night-game session with 5.0. I'm sitting here going over my notes on Mr.M's Opening lecture and reviewing the openers I've used in the past...to mix things up a bit, I really want to try a couple of functional openers like the kind Mr.M discussed, rather than fall back on my own opinion openers (which follow the standard community structure but with my own material swapped in).

I'm a little apprehensive about the session tonight, most of the other Rockstars have been on a bootcamp before (one of them has even helped out on bootcamps!). I've run game lots and I love being social and meeting new people, but I've never done any of that under the watchful eye of an instructor like 5.0! Suffice to say, I'm expecting quite a steep learning curve.

But that's what we're all here for. I'm apprehensive yes, but I'm excited in equal measure. And I look ahead over the next week and realise that we'll be going out every single night - tonight, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday...and then the same thing for seven more weeks, all with top instructor input. The true scope of this project, and what we might learn, is only gradually sinking in for me...

Keychain

0 comments: